Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 20!


Last week I hit 20 weeks pregnant. We are officially half way through this pregnancy! Little Evie is growing so much and she loves to move around. I feel her all the time. Nick can feel her now too! The next 20 weeks seem like an eternity and I can't wait till I am holding her in my arms.

I had an appt with another high risk doctor since our insurance changed. When I got there I told the nurse I didn't need an ultrasound and I just needed to talk to the doctor about getting a pre authorization for genetic testing. The doctor (a woman) was SO awesome! She came right in and told me what she thought the mix up was and that she new I needed to talk to her genetic counselor. That's exactly what I needed! I had to wait a little bit to see the counselor but when I finally met with her she had all my notes from when I met with the genetic counselor at the U in 2011 after I broke my ankle. She was so efficient and kind! The best part is that she thinks the test will only be $250, instead of $10,000 like I was told when I called the U, and I can get it done right there with her at UVSH in Provo. Okay seriously PLEASE let it only cost $250. Fingers crossed. I just want to know if I have this dang disease or not!

Conference weekend was this past weekend (I'm now 21 weeks prego :)) and it was so awesome! Church structure has been reorganized to 2 hours of church instead of 3. The Church is moving to a more home study base instead of just at church. I think it will be awesome and felt strongly that this will be another tool to fortify our homes against the forces of evil. Nick and I have been arguing about whether or not I should keep going to school after Evie is born. I feel (felt?) like I should and Nick really thinks I shouldn't. I was hoping for an answer during conference but I didn't feel strongly one way or another. Yesterday the thought of withdrawing from school made me sad and anxious. I talked to mom and she told me to follow my gut. But today I prayed and felt peace about staying at home. So I'm really confused. When I look at the logisitics of it I find my self frustrated often at my internship and the way the program is run. Nick and I are paying a lot of money out of pocket, and last week there was nothing to do at my internship so I left early 3 days in a row. Not good. Today I found out through my co worker that one of the birth mom's we are working with had her baby. No one told me. I felt frustrated. And then I am supposed to be working on a 20 hour project with an intern at head start and I haven't heard anything from her so I emailed her today and found out we have a meeting at 2:30. I'm starting to doubt if I'll even get my 20 hours with this project so I emailed my professor to ask if I can find another project. I'm starting to feel better about staying home and taking care of Evie next semester. But I don't just want to do it because that's what Nick wants me to do. I want to do it because that's what I ALSO feel is best for our family. I don't want to feel like my husband said no so I am not doing it. I don't want to feel oppressed. But I just don't know and I feel frustrated with the whole situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment