Tuesday, August 7, 2018

this past week

This past week Blake and Vickie stayed with us because Brett and Kad got married this past Saturday! Blake and Vickie are the most loving and caring in laws EVER. They said they are going to pay for baby's crib and are giving me $$ for maternity clothes! They are so sweet! Uncle Kurt, Lisa, and Brooke came too. I was so happy to meet them. Vickie's family came as well and everyone is so nice. They are the best people. It was Kurt's first time to Utah (he is 62) and he kept saying how much he loved it. We could tell he was feeling the spirit. Nick got a BOM and wrote his testimony in it and sent it today.

Saturday was a special day. We could all feel Nancy at the wedding. As I was walking up the stairs with Nick to go to the sealing room I felt her strongly. We got the sealing room and Blake was already there. He told Nick he felt her strongly and I agreed. I sat in the chair where she would have sat had she been alive. The sealing was beautiful. Kad's grandpa sealed them. After the ceremony nick and I were the first ones out and Nick said it hit him how much his mom had guided he and Brett throughout their lives. They both married into families where grandpa was able to seal them. It truly is a miracle that Blake found the church (he comes from a long line of alcoholics who died in their 50's or earlier) and that both boys served missions and got married in the temple. Nick also commented that he felt his grandpa Ben during the sealing as well. His grandpa Ben left when his dad was young and never came back. Nick was able to do his temple work a few years ago and told me that during the sealing he could feel that Ben was very happy.

The reception was beautiful! Aislynn (Kad's mom) had a close friend pass away on Thursday so another friend of hers came to talk to nick and I after Nick gave a speech and talked about his mom guiding he and Brett. She thanked Nick for talking about her and then talked about her friend. She said that there were 4 empty chairs on the same side that Nick was sitting on and that she was sure their friend and Nancy were taking them. I feel like my view of eternity was broadened and my testimony of Jesus Christ was strengthened.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant this week! I still feel the same, lactose makes me feel gross (so much bloating). I can't believe it's been 2 months since I found out I was pregnant. We have our 12 week appt tomorrow and we are so excited to see how the baby has grown. Hopefully we'll get the blood test done for OI tomorrow and find out the gender within the next couple of weeks! Can't believe that baby thompson will be here in 6 months!

Nick and I both got hit with really bad colds this past monday, the day that Blake and Vickie arrived. We were feeling so bad on Tuesday that we had to miss going with Kad through the temple. I was so sad! Being prego means I can't take medicine, so I still have some congestion and my chest is so wheezy! The only thing worse than having a bad cold is having a bad cold while pregnant and not being able to take medicine :(

No comments:

Post a Comment