Thursday, July 12, 2018

Pregnancy: Week 8

Today I am about 8.5 weeks pregnant! We had our second appt yesterday and heard baby's heartbeat. It was so cool! Luckily it was a normal ultrasound this time, so I felt like a real mom with the gel on her tummy :) Last week I was in Texas visiting my family and for the most part I felt pretty good. Until Saturday. I stayed an extra day in TX because when I got to the airport on Friday night I discovered that the Denver to SLC leg of my flight had been cancelled! But it turned out great. Saturday I woke up and I was SO SICK all day. I could not keep anything down. It didn't help that I was traveling almost all day and traveling makes me sick. It was miserable. I was happy to be home though. This week I haven't thrown up once. I've been taking Vitamin b6 and unisom, and then yesterday I got a sample of some nausea medication from the doctor and I've only felt a little sick today. And tired. I haven't been too crazy tired through the last two months, but today I feel exhausted. I was just so happy to see little baby Thompson yesterday and hear the heartbeat. My anxiety was getting the better of me before the appt and I was sure the baby wouldn't have a heartbeat. Anxiety is so silly. The baby now looks like a little gummy bear, where 2 weeks ago he looked like a little white smudge! They grow so fast! I was told I can get a blood test done to check if I have OI but the guy in charge of the genetic tests called me back today and said that the test he is sending me doesn't test for OI. So we can only have the baby tested. Which is fine. If I have it, I have it. It will be good to know if baby has it too. I hope not, but there is a 50/50 chance! (at least from everything I have read). I was told we can have the test done for the baby as soon as I get the test in the mail, so hopefully I can go in and have it done tomorrow!


                                                                Henry at 8 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment